This is a newsletter sent to mailing list of pManifold sharing Power Distribution Franchisee industry opportunities and updates.
Some of the recent updates in the Power Distribution Franchisee space are shared below. Hope, you will find it useful.
- Last date of PESU bid submission has been extended (now multiple repeat) until22nd Oct, 2013. (Share your views on ‘Why PESU Distribution Franchisee bid is getting multiple times extended?‘)
- Last date of bid submission for appointment of Distribution Franchisee for four 11kV feeders of Godhra (W) sub-division has been extended until 8th Oct, 2013. (Read here)
Roll Outs & Updates
- Bids for consultancy assistance to implement Distribution Franchisee in Jaipur Vidyut Vitaran Nigam Ltd (JVVNL) has been submitted by four companies (Crisil, PwC, IL&FS and Feedback). Financial bid opening is still due. (Read here)
- Jharkhand’s Ranchi and Jamshedpur Input based Distribution Franchisee is put ‘On-hold’, as State Power Minister is planning to conduct an audit to evaluate the feasibility of the model. (Read here)
- Ministry of Power (MoP) proposes to bring Management Responsibility for State owned DISCOMs through proposed new bill by state governments to ensure financial and operational turnaround and long term sustainability of electricity distribution. (Read here)
- MoP has recently released ‘Smart Grid Vision and Roadmap for India’ with an overarching policy objective of Access, Availability and Affordability of Power for All. (Read here)
- MoP has set up a group that is working on ways to implement the plan which will require a separation of the distribution and the retail supply business, with separate licences for each. (Read here)
Share your vote
- Should centre mandatorily extend R-APDRP funding to all Franchisee towns to enable better franchisee operationalization and also viability? (Vote here)
Indian Utility Knowledge and Networking (IUKAN) 2014
- pManifold team is glad to bring 2nd Annual IUKAN 2014 Conference, on 12-13th Feb 2014 at New Delhi. IUKAN 2014 theme is ‘Complementing Reforms Bottom-up: Through Improved Operationalization and Engaged Local Ecosystem. (See draft Conference Agenda)
- One of the distinction of IUKAN 2014 is first of its kind Best Utility Awards to recognize operational best practices and innovations across multiple processes.
- On 1st day, we shall be hosting 2-4 parallel workshops, interested Service Providers can connect to us for more details.